Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Product Review: Cowboy's Wild Game Washer

Before and after dove on the left fish on the right.
Photo: Cowboy's Wild Game Washer
If you haven't seen Cowboy's Wild Game Washer yet, you need to... This thing is quite useful.  We had the pleasure of having the booth across from Cowboy at last year's Texas Trophy Hunter's Extravaganza. Along with being an avid outdoorsman, Tim "Cowboy" McDonald has come up with a time saving easy to use idea!

To start with, it is a great place to sit as it's a 5 gallon bucket.  As a volunteer baseball coach, I can't think of a better place to sit than on a bucket.  Add a swivel seat to that with a little bit of padding for an afternoon dove hunt, and I am in Heaven!  But it's usefulness just keeps on giving.
The unique swirling action
 cleans and flushes all sorts
of wild game.
Photo: Cowboy's Wild Game Washer

The bucket is a great place to toss your dove when you are stationary keeping you from sitting on them and your bags from getting too heavy or infested with ants. I can't tell you how many times I've piled up birds under my seat or beside the log I'm using for cover only to find them infested with fire ants like 12 seconds later.  In fact, usually it's my getting bit that alerts me to the fact that my birds are under attack.  Cowboy's Wild Game Washer keeps the ants out and the birds from becoming ant infested.

Then, there is the purpose for which this ingenious idea was conceived. Washing game... Having had one for almost a year now, I have personally used it for all sorts of game.  When I get back from the lake, I hook the water hose to it and it starts that swirling action.  I fillet my fish and toss them in Cowboy's Wild Game Washer and let them spin.  It flushes all the blood, scales and any other debris from them while I grab the gallon bags or vacuum packer.

After a dove hunt, All the feathers and debris float to the top.  I have even found a few pellets in the bottom when I was finished.  That means it rinsed out pellets I would have consumed (or attempted to) at some point.  Dentist approved!

It even comes in handy at the skinning shed.  When it's time to quarter those deer and hogs, I dip the quarters in Cowboy's Wild Game Washer to rinse the hair, blood, bone fragments, etc. off before putting them on ice.




At a retail value of $59.99 it come with the swivel seat.  Newer models run $49.99 without the seat.   If it keeps blood, guts, and feathers out of Mamma's sink, it's well wort the money and I'm willing to bet she will think so too.  I've even heard of gardeners using the product for washing veggies.

Check out the video here and stop by Twisted Oak to pick Cowboy's Wild Game Washer.  Dove season is right around the corner and don't go on another fishing trip without one.  You won't be disappointed!



No comments:

Post a Comment