Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Huntin' Fishin' and Lovin' Everyday? I Wish!!!

Huntin', fishin', and lovin' everyday.  I must say that I have not been the biggest fan of the last 10 or 15 years or so of country music.  I heard this song awhile back.  Probably when it was new and thought "Hey, I actually like that song!" and that IS "THE PRAYER that this country boy (from the city) prays."  But, not really being into today's country, I wasn't listening to stations or playlists to hear that song, so I never heard it again until recently.

Before I left for my Port Mansfield trip, I took a little afternoon of kayaking with the kids.  For the hour or so that it takes to get there, I started a Pandora station based on the song Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band.  It was a song I thought of that was fairly recent that
I liked. The purpose of this station was that it was music we could all stand to listen to.  While we were listening to that station, Huntin',  Fishin, and Lovin' Everyday came on.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Now, I'm not saying I am now a fan of today's country.  Still way too many references to smoking pot for me.  I'm sure that makes me prudish or an old fart or something along those lines, but hey at least I have my principles.  However, I may be slipping into becoming somewhat of a Luke Bryan fan.  How can I not when he puts out songs like Huntin', Fishin' and Lovin' Everyday?

I have been singing it in my head for the last several weeks like that song that you just can't get out of your head.  You know, like the fly that keeps buzzing around that you keep swatting at but it keeps coming back?!?  Yeah that one.  Except I actually WANT to sing this one... I guess you could say that it takes me to my "happy place".

Then the other day, I Googled the video.  The imagery in the video, the message of the song, and everything about it embodies the life I only wish I could live.  Only in my dreams.  From offshore fishing (bucket list) to a deer I would love to see, to family time outdoors, fly fishing (bucket list) a tree stand, a deer blind a Peacock Bass and family time around the campfire. Notice family time was in there twice? Just plain old FUN... OUTDOORS.  I can't imagine a better life. Huntin' Fishin' & Lovin' Everyday!

Would you add anything?  Would you give all you have to live this life?  A new friend of mine who is a baseball coach at a much higher level than I will ever be just told me today that if given the choice to give up hunting or baseball, he would give up baseball.  What would you give up? Leave a comment here or on the Facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment